Exotics Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exotics Forums

A forum for pet lovers where you can post about your animals!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thinkin' about an Emperor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosh96
Admin

Thinkin' about an Emperor Empty
PostSubject: Thinkin' about an Emperor   Thinkin' about an Emperor I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

I've been thinking lately about getting a breeding pair of Emperor scorpions! So, I wanted to see if anyone here has experience with these animals? Thanks in advance! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://exoticsforums.forumotion.com
Billabong

Thinkin' about an Emperor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinkin' about an Emperor   Thinkin' about an Emperor I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 pm

They make great pets, they'll require a high humidity as they're a rainforest scorp. Temps in the 80's tend to suffice. They'll thrive at closer to 90 though. Plenty of substrate to burrow in and plenty of hides, the waterdish you provide should be of the deep variety so the scorpions can soak themselves if they wish(provice a layer of stones on the bottom so the scorp has a way in and out of the water.) They do well communally but it's still good to keep them well fed because there's always the one scorp that's the exception to the rule. They're easy to breed, although be sure and keep an eye on the female for aggression towards her cagemates when gravid. You might not have to buy a pair, just keep your eye out as a lot of the adult females you see for sale are already gravid.
Back to top Go down

Thinkin' about an Emperor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exotics Forums :: Invertebrates :: Scorpions-
Jump to: